Friday 20 January 2012

A Challenge!

The Hello Mornings Challenge has been on the go for 5 mornings now... I can't say it's getting easier to get up earlier, in fact, it's getting harder - but I know the benefit it will have in the long-run and I just can't give up!

This past week has been a study of Psalm 1 considering the author of the Psalm, the commands given and how to apply the scripture. The study also allocates a memory verse for the week. This has been a great study, but I think this past week I have just started feeling my way around, getting accustomed to waking early, struggling with that foggy morning brain!

But on the upside, starting the day with the Lord's word and in prayer - best way to start your day! I've heard of many people who wake early to spend time with the Lord and I honestly believed it was only for those who were happy to be up before the sun! But, even the smallest sacrifice of half an hour - getting out of bed before your family and spend that time with the Lord, it filters through your entire day! I'm happier, calmer and more importantly - I consider the Lord in more areas of my life!

I hope that many other women will see the value of this! As a die hard night owl who definitely hates being up before I absolutely have to - this challenge has changed my opinion on being up early for the Lord!

Lord bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment